This Sales Executive would plan and carry out direct sales activities to attain NEW accounts in accordance with agreed sales and business plans. Work with Branch Manager to grow revenue and exceed targets by promoting and selling our business, and driving sales activity through a designated territory, while using discretion and independent judgment.
Sales and Business Development:
- Develop NEW and prospective customers while maintaining existing accounts.
- Assist Branch Managers in the preparation and negotiation of bids, RFQ’s & quotations with customers, suppliers and overseas agents.
- Assist with sales campaigns and events in conjunction with local and overseas partners.
- Co-ordinate and attend sales visits both in the USA, and with overseas partners for aiding business development if applicable.
- Plan and manage personal business portfolio/territory according to agreed market strategy.
- Joint sales visits with other sales professionals.
- Compliance with all regulations prescribed by USA Customs/IATA/TSA/FMC and other governing bodies.
- Offer sales support for future sales offices in remote locations.
- Quoting of freight costs to new customers.
- Response and follow up sales inquiries and leads using appropriate methods.
Client and Supplier Management:
- Client Management of allocated customers by using established tools to achieve and exceed targets.
- Weekly follow up with new clients after first shipments.
- Deployment of information about all contracts with customers and suppliers to all parties.
- Ensure that any client entertainment activities are carried out in a professional and responsible manner.
- Ensure customer requests are completed in a timely manner and at the highest possible service level.
- Adhere to client service level agreements.
- Monitor competitor activity and industry trends.
- Attend industry related functions when required .
- Update and maintain all relevant information about customers and sales activities on CRM.
- Provide weekly reporting of sales activities.
- Attend meetings with sales team members.
- Attend training to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills if applicable.
- Demonstrates the ability to interact effectively through speech, writing and professional presentation in order to deliver successful business results.
- Displays good interdepartmental relationships and ensures customers, suppliers and overseas agents needs are a primary function of one actions and decisions.
- Apply different techniques to sell services within the market place and are comfortable with pursuing leads and new contacts.
- Understanding of key financial principles that reflect and drive profitability, and ensures the department achieves its financial and quality objectives.
- Sets and meets Sales goals and objectives in accordance with company guidelines in key performance areas and agreed key performance indicators (sales calls, visits, and new business).
Education: High school graduate - some college preferred.
- Knowledge of related computer applications and reporting tools
- Familiar with all freight forwarding procedures, regulations & departments
- 8-10 years of international freight forwarding sales industry experience required
- Demonstrated Customer Services skills
- Proven Sales and Business selling ability & success
- Self-motivated and results driven
- Outstanding people and communication skills
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Excellent Time Management skills
- Hunter mentality
- Freight Forwarding